Wednesday, August 13, 2014

A Deck Review: Tarot of the White Cats



 

This is not a deck interview. I may do one of those at some time... this is just my opinion of this deck. What I have done is to select my favorite cards...and my least favorite cards.

This deck is a very cute RW clone. I rather like the cute little cats. And I must say.. I'm not a huge fan of anthropomorphic animals. I generally prefer my creatures to be more creature like.But this is still rather cute.


Favorite cards.


I like The Moon, the Ace of Wands, the Empress, Strength and the Eight of Chalices.
The Moon.
I enjoy the almost playful feel of this moon. The cat lady holds it in her hand between two playful looking dogs. It's just a light-hearted scene.
Ace of Wands
This is just such a catly thing to do. And, that is one smug looking feline.
The Empress
She looks a bit like one of my favorite cat breeds, the Angora. With the playing kittens at her feet, the relaxed recline pose and the matronly look on her face, it is a far different feel than the rather stiff RW lady.
Strength
Out of the mouths of... lions?
Eight of Chalices
I really like the Cat in the Moon. Nice artistic touch.

Least favorite.

The Fool
 
Yeah, I get it. The Fool is a dog. And his smart little cat friend is a gray tabby... not a white cat. Stick with the theme!

The Wheel

I'm thinking that the artist was going for an allusion to the Fates spinning out our lives. I like the idea. I don't really like the sideways view.

Ace of Swords

It's just 'eh'. A odd choice.

I do like the back of the deck. It was just easy to include it. Cats, bathing happily. Not a common thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment